Friday, August 17, 2012

WOULD AN APOCALYPSE BE A GOOD THING?

With all of the political rhetoric hitting the stage in recent days, I now wonder if there is anyone left in leadership who is decent. I like the Romney/Ryan ticket, but I even wonder if those two are corrupt as are many leaders in our country. The fact of the matter is that we live in a corrupt society. A new series is coming on NBC this fall called Revolution. It looks very good. The idea behind the show is a world after the power supply has gone out. It has made me wish that would happen in real life. The female star of the show said in the previews, “When the world’s power went out, I found mine.” I wonder how many people would fine their power and be better off if something apocalyptic happened. I certainly would. Could it be that what we need is a cleaning house? We live in such a corrupt society and country now that something like that might very well be beneficial to us. Until then, however, we must live as people trying to make the world a better place in hopes that one day it genuinely will be.