Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tipping: It's the Right Thing to Do

Having worked in restaurants, something has bothered me lately, and that is the skimpy tipping of those who claim to be Christians. I’ve worked as a delivery driver, which, believe it or not, is supposedly a tipped position. My experience, however, has been that when I have delivered to someone with a scripture posted on their house, the tip is usually absent or very little. It is indeed a sad situation. I know many people in the restaurant business, and it is always Sundays that are dreaded the most. It is the worst day for tips and yet the most hectic. Why is this? This should not be. How can people be stingy with their money when God has been so generous to them? A good tip does not have to be 50%, but in today’s standards, leave at least 20%. Personally I would even say leave at least 25%. For delivery drivers, leave at least $5, and on a large order over $100, leave at least 20%. Let those who profess to know Christ take a stand, be different, and leave good tips to people of service. It is the right thing to do.